Our Methods: Kinesio Taping
Depending on the type of the application Kinesio Taping can produce different effect. There are six basic concepts of the Kinesio Taping technique called corrections:
- mechanical – to improve biomechanics and stability of the area,
- fascia – to create movement of fascia,
- space – to decrease compression ,
- ligament-tendon – to decrease stress on the ligaments or tendons,
- functional – to improve function,
- circulatory / lymphatic – helps to move the fluid from the congested area.
Kinesio Taping can cause an effect of the pulling of the skin increasing the space between the dermis and the muscle and allowing the lymph to flow freely and therefore drain the fluid from the affected area.
Above application is useful for acute problems where swelling is present or in conditions where excessive fluid congestion takes place.
When injury is present highly sensitive tissues such as nerve receptors are compressed by the swelling , Kinesio Taping allows nerves to conduct the information to the brain with less interference as well as allowing the muscles greater contractility by creating more space in the affected area. This method can also be used to improve joint stability where ligamentous capacity has been impaired.
Kinesio Taping method was used in the Beijing Olympics 2008 by many of the world’s leading athletes.
See more information at www.kinesiotaping.com